Air hoses for freight cars

Gene Semon <mopac1@...>

What recommendations do you have for air hoses for freight cars in the 50s?  I see they are available from Cal-Scale, DA, Hi-tech, Tangent, Kadee and maybe more.

Thanks,

Gene Semon

hubert mask

Hi Tech

Maskislanddecals.com
Hubert Mask

On Dec 16, 2021, at 5:15 PM, Gene Semon via groups.io <mopac1@...> wrote:

What recommendations do you have for air hoses for freight cars in the 50s?  I see they are available from Cal-Scale, DA, Hi-tech, Tangent, Kadee and maybe more.

Thanks,

Gene Semon

Brian Carlson

I currently use Hi-tech rubber ones. But you have to get the older 22” version not the modern version.

Brian J. Carlson

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

lrkdbn

I use Kadee-I run the train air pipe out to just past the bracket at the end of the car, then cut the air hose casting at the back of the angle cock. Drill a .020 hole into the angle cock,, attach with rubberized ACC. I admit it can be knocked off, but is easy to replace.
Larry King

Nelson Moyer

I used Kadee when I started building plastic freight cars, but they had a short lifespan due to their ridged nature and the small diameter at the bracket. When Hi Tech Details came out with the rubber air hoses, I made them my standard and never looked back. I’ve never had one brake off, and they’re on over 200 freight cars to date. I glue them to Precision Scale air hose brackets with canopy cement.

Nelson Moyer