4 Wheel Bobber caboose under frame

Bob Weston

I'm looking for a source of drawings showing the under frame of a 4 wheel bobber caboose. Not particular which railroad. TIA! Bob Weston

A Clemens

Here's one for Denver Denver and Rio Grande four-wheel narrow gauge caboose.
Link:

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 1:41 PM A Clemens via groups.io <aclmns42=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here's one for Denver Denver and Rio Grande four-wheel narrow gauge caboose.
Link:

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 11:28 AM Bob Weston via groups.io <oandle=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm looking for a source of drawings showing the under frame of a 4 wheel bobber caboose. Not particular which railroad. TIA! Bob Weston

Ray Breyer

1879 Car Builder's Dictionary
1881 Car Builder's Dictionary
1888 Car Builder's Dictionary
1895 Car Builder's Dictionary
1898 Car Builder's Dictionary
1903 Car Builder's Dictionary
1906 Car Builder's Dictionary
1909 Car Builder's Dictionary

All available as free downloads on Internet Archive and Google Books (the IA copies are better)

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 01:28:56 PM CST, Bob Weston via groups.io <oandle@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a source of drawings showing the under frame of a 4 wheel bobber caboose. Not particular which railroad. TIA! Bob Weston

A Clemens

Here's one from a 1906 Car Builders Dictionary. Believed to be a NYC bobber.

Hope these help.
Al

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 11:28 AM Bob Weston via groups.io <oandle=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm looking for a source of drawings showing the under frame of a 4 wheel bobber caboose. Not particular which railroad. TIA! Bob Weston

Robert Allan

“Reading Company Cabooses” by John Hall has quite a bit of detail on 4-wheel caboose layouts.

Bob Allan
Omaha.

wrlyders

Ray,

I just did a search on a The Car Builders Dictionary you had below and eventually found the 4-Wheel caboose images. However the underframe images were side view images and not a true underneath image.

I’ll keep looking.

Thanks, Bill

All available as free downloads on Internet Archive and Google Books (the IA copies are better)

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 01:28:56 PM CST, Bob Weston via groups.io <oandle@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a source of drawings showing the under frame of a 4 wheel bobber caboose. Not particular which railroad. TIA! Bob Weston

Ray Breyer

You asked for drawings, not photos. There are drawings for at least two different bobbers in each of the CBDs I mentioned.
Keep looking.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 09:42:40 AM CST, wrlyders via groups.io <blyders@...> wrote:

Ray,

I just did a search on a The Car Builders Dictionary you had below and eventually found the 4-Wheel caboose images. However the underframe images were side view images and not a true underneath image.

I’ll keep looking.

Thanks, Bill

All available as free downloads on Internet Archive and Google Books (the IA copies are better)

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 01:28:56 PM CST, Bob Weston via groups.io <oandle@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a source of drawings showing the under frame of a 4 wheel bobber caboose. Not particular which railroad. TIA! Bob Weston

Bob Weston

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry you've been most helpful and I found what I needed. Bob Weston

Bob Weston

Ray Breyer I think you have me confused with a guy named Bill.I was able to find the drawings I needed.Thank you. Bob Weston