Boxcar Floor warped

Gary McMills

-------- Original Message --------

Hi Gentlemen,

I recently bought a Funaro & Camerlengo USRA double sheath Boxcar kit at a show and I have noticed that both ends of the car floor are bent about 0.125" down out of the plane.

What is the best way to remedy this situation?

Should I let the car floor set in a pan of warm water to relax it or what ?

Gary McMills

Vicksburg Miss.

hubert mask

Contact the manufacturer would be best advise.

Hubert Mask

On Feb 17, 2022, at 5:32 PM, Gary McMills <santafe@...> wrote:

I recently bought a Funaro & Camerlengo USRA double sheath Boxcar kit at a show and I have noticed that both ends of the car floor are bent about 0.125" down out of the plane.

What is the best way to remedy this situation?

Should I let the car floor set in a pan of warm water to relax it or what ?

Gary McMills

Vicksburg Miss.

Pierre Oliver

straightening warped resin is easy
Very hot water, not quite boiling, immerse the part briefly. remove and lay on a flat surface. let cool. repeat if required

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 2/17/22 5:31 p.m., Gary McMills wrote:

I recently bought a Funaro & Camerlengo USRA double sheath Boxcar kit at a show and I have noticed that both ends of the car floor are bent about 0.125" down out of the plane.

What is the best way to remedy this situation?

Should I let the car floor set in a pan of warm water to relax it or what ?

Gary McMills

Vicksburg Miss.

Chuck Cover

Hi Gary,

I have straightened out warped floors on several kits by preheating the oven to 150 degrees, then turn the oven off.  Place the warped floor on a metal flat pan and slide it in the oven.  Let it sit until cool.  It will usually straighten.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Gary McMills

Thanks Pierre , I thought I read about that procedure in the past.

Gary McMills