DECO ends

greg kennelly

Can anyone direct me to a drawing or direct end view photo for the DECO ends used on the C&O 5400 series 10'-0" IH box cars, please?  I would like to model one of these cars in N Scale using the IM 10'-0" 1937 AAR box with the Des Plaines Hobbies Viking roof but will need to fabricate the DECO ends.  A search of my available CBCs (1928, 1931 & 1946) did not turn up anything and I also didn't find anything in the Files or Photos sections.  I have found an online 3/4 view photo but would like to find a more direct end view, if possible.

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

Brian Carlson

There is a diagram in RPC 35. Don’t recall if it is dimensioned. I noticed it looked for the Pullman roof yesterday.

Brian J. Carlson

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

greg kennelly

Thanks, Brian.  Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of RPC 35.

Greg Kennelly

https://www.avg.com

kevinhlafferty

Can anyone direct me to a drawing or direct end view photo for the DECO ends used on the C&O 5400 series 10'-0" IH box cars, please?  I would like to model one of these cars in N Scale using the IM 10'-0" 1937 AAR box with the Des Plaines Hobbies Viking roof but will need to fabricate the DECO ends.  A search of my available CBCs (1928, 1931 & 1946) did not turn up anything and I also didn't find anything in the Files or Photos sections.  I have found an online 3/4 view photo but would like to find a more direct end view, if possible.

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

greg kennelly

Many thanks, Kevin.  Everything I wanted to know and a whole lot more!!

Greg Kennelly

Rich Yoder

Contact me off the list.

Rich Yoder

Can anyone direct me to a drawing or direct end view photo for the DECO ends used on the C&O 5400 series 10'-0" IH box cars, please?  I would like to model one of these cars in N Scale using the IM 10'-0" 1937 AAR box with the Des Plaines Hobbies Viking roof but will need to fabricate the DECO ends.  A search of my available CBCs (1928, 1931 & 1946) did not turn up anything and I also didn't find anything in the Files or Photos sections.  I have found an online 3/4 view photo but would like to find a more direct end view, if possible.

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

Rich Yoder

Hi Greg,

I have the original drawings. If you want, contact me off the list

Sincerely,

Richard Yoder