DECO ends

greg kennelly

Can anyone direct me to a drawing or direct end view photo for the DECO ends used on the C&O 5400 series 10'-0" IH box cars, please?  I would like to model one of these cars in N Scale using the IM 10'-0" 1937 AAR box with the Des Plaines Hobbies Viking roof but will need to fabricate the DECO ends.  A search of my available CBCs (1928, 1931 & 1946) did not turn up anything and I also didn't find anything in the Files or Photos sections.  I have found an online 3/4 view photo but would like to find a more direct end view, if possible.

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

Brian Carlson

There is a diagram in RPC 35. Don’t recall if it is dimensioned. I noticed it looked for the Pullman roof yesterday.  

Brian J. Carlson 

On Feb 21, 2022, at 5:54 PM, greg kennelly <greg_kennelly@...> wrote:

Can anyone direct me to a drawing or direct end view photo for the DECO ends used on the C&O 5400 series 10'-0" IH box cars, please?  I would like to model one of these cars in N Scale using the IM 10'-0" 1937 AAR box with the Des Plaines Hobbies Viking roof but will need to fabricate the DECO ends.  A search of my available CBCs (1928, 1931 & 1946) did not turn up anything and I also didn't find anything in the Files or Photos sections.  I have found an online 3/4 view photo but would like to find a more direct end view, if possible.

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

greg kennelly

Thanks, Brian.  Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of RPC 35.

Greg Kennelly

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

kevinhlafferty

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of greg kennelly
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 4:55 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] DECO ends

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

greg kennelly

Many thanks, Kevin.  Everything I wanted to know and a whole lot more!!

Greg Kennelly

Rich Yoder

Contact me off the list.

Rich Yoder

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevinhlafferty
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] DECO ends

This should help.

http://files.constantcontact.com/654d25d0101/2fe99140-9866-408f-9357-94263b90d093.pdf

Kevin Lafferty

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of greg kennelly

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

Rich Yoder

Hi Greg,

I have the original drawings. If you want, contact me off the list

Sincerely,

Richard Yoder

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of greg kennelly
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 5:55 PM

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

John H. Reinhardt

Thank you for that.  I have the C&O magazine that this was taken from but who knows if I would have found it.  Intermountain was going to do these in N-Scale a few years ago but they didn't get the require number of reservations.  I have my doubts if they ever would.

-- 
John H. Reinhardt
  PRRT&HS  #8909
  C&O HS  #11530
  N-Trak   #7566
On 2/21/2022 7:35 PM, kevinhlafferty wrote:

This should help.

http://files.constantcontact.com/654d25d0101/2fe99140-9866-408f-9357-94263b90d093.pdf

Kevin Lafferty

Thanks,
Greg Kennelly