B&O H34 Wagon Top Covered Hopper

Seth Lakin

Group, I just picked up a Central Hobby/West Shore Line/F&C B&O H34 wagon top covered hopper kit. Would someone have the instructions that they could scan and sent to me?

Also is there any published prototype article in the regular hobby press (Mainline Modeler, RPC's) that covers the class of cars?

Thanks
Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN

Kenneth Montero

Seth,

Attached is a copy of the plans. Page 2 got copied twice.

Ken Montero

On 03/05/2022 8:58 AM Seth Lakin via groups.io <lakinsa@...> wrote:

Group, I just picked up a Central Hobby/West Shore Line/F&C B&O H34 wagon top covered hopper kit. Would someone have the instructions that they could scan and sent to me?

Also is there any published prototype article in the regular hobby press (Mainline Modeler, RPC's) that covers the class of cars?

Thanks
Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN

Wallace Steinbrecher

Seth,

I have a set I will scan and send you this evening.

Regards,
Wallace Steinbrecher

On Saturday, March 5, 2022, Seth Lakin via groups.io <lakinsa=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Group, I just picked up a Central Hobby/West Shore Line/F&C B&O H34 wagon top covered hopper kit. Would someone have the instructions that they could scan and sent to me?

Also is there any published prototype article in the regular hobby press (Mainline Modeler, RPC's) that covers the class of cars?

Thanks
Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN

Fran Giacoma

Seth,
I just finished that kit this week. Attached is a photo of it on my B&O Shenandoah SD layout. Bruce Griffin did an article on building an N-34 car using the West Shore Line kit in the July/August 2005 issue of the B&O Modeler. I used that as a supplement to the "basic" instructions. I used Tamiya gray primer as the car color/Glosscoat/decals from Mt. Vernon Shops to do the pre-September 1956 (the era of my layout) lettereting scheme/Dullcoat and finally weathing with PanPastels and Prismacolor pencils.

Fran Giacoma

Tony Thompson

Seth Lakin wrote:

Group, I just picked up a Central Hobby/West Shore Line/F&C B&O H34 wagon top covered hopper kit. Would someone have the instructions that they could scan and sent to me?
If someone isn’t already done it, I can copy the instructions I have.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Bruce Griffin

Seth,

I'll send you a copy of the article offline. and I have additional photos if you need them.

Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD
https://bomodeling.com/blog/