From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...>
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:18 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] NRC wood sheathed reefer ID c1940-48

Well, that’s embarrassing,  Thanks for catching it Jack.

On Mar 9, 2022, at 12:41 PM, Jack Mullen <jack.f.mullen@...> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 10:52 PM, Robert kirkham wrote:

Here is a link to the larger image

But there is no link...
...and the small image is quite interesting.

Jack Mullen

Robert kirkham

yes, modelable scene, right!

My current model building began with a small yard, interchange and depot, all located within about 200 yards to the south of this scene.   The idea of running tracks onto the various piers is very appealing. . . .  harder to do with a layout room though, as the bulk of trackage runs 90 degrees to these piers.  But i try . . .

Rob

On Mar 9, 2022, at 1:37 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Rob,

The heck with the NRC reefer, that CP heavy duty flat with what looks to be a load of cable for the B.C. Telephone Co. Cable Barge “BRICO” is an awesome vignette!

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...>
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:18 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

Well, that’s embarrassing,  Thanks for catching it Jack.

Rob
On Mar 9, 2022, at 12:41 PM, Jack Mullen <jack.f.mullen@...> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 10:52 PM, Robert kirkham wrote:
Here is a link to the larger image
But there is no link...
...and the small image is quite interesting.

Jack Mullen

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Bruce, Rob, et al.,

Can anyone make the number on the CP well flat?  The best I can do is CP 50xxx.

Thanks,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...>
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:18 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

Well, that’s embarrassing,  Thanks for catching it Jack.

On Mar 9, 2022, at 12:41 PM, Jack Mullen <jack.f.mullen@...> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 10:52 PM, Robert kirkham wrote:

Here is a link to the larger image

But there is no link...
...and the small image is quite interesting.

Jack Mullen

Robert kirkham

hi Ralph,

Well, looking at the 1941 Summary of Equipment for CPR, it would be in one of two 50+’ long series of cars starting 309XXX.  (I think the 8 hatch reefer to its right tells us its well over 43’).

My guess is 30992X, so one of the 5 cars in series 309925-309929, 54’ 5” long built in 1930.

I have not checked for additions to the roster after 1941, so not 100% certain.

Rob

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...>
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:18 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

Well, that’s embarrassing,  Thanks for catching it Jack.

Rob
On Mar 9, 2022, at 12:41 PM, Jack Mullen <jack.f.mullen@...> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 10:52 PM, Robert kirkham wrote:
Here is a link to the larger image
But there is no link...
...and the small image is quite interesting.

Jack Mullen

Ian Cranstone

Looks like a depressed centre flat to me... CP numbers all of these cars in the 3099xx series. My best guess based on what I can see is CP 30992_, which corresponds to a group of 5 cars built by CP (likely from General Steel Castings kits) as CP 309925-309929 in late 1930.

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
lamontc@...

On 2022-03-10 00:04, Ralph W. Brown wrote:

Hi Bruce, Rob, et al.,

Can anyone make the number on the CP well flat?  The best I can do is CP 50xxx.

Scott

Is there a higher resolution version of this photo available to zoom in on?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

Scott H. Haycock

Is there a higher resolution version of this photo available to zoom in on?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

Tim O'Connor

50892 ?

On 3/10/2022 8:08 PM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:

Here you go:

Scott Haycock

Scott wrote:

Is there a higher resolution version of this photo available to zoom in on?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

Sterling, Massachusetts