DL&W Open Hoppers

Brian Carlson

Has anyone every done a deep dive on DL&W open hoppers, both prototype and model? I searched the archives and found several discussions on a specific series or car. I'm interested in the post-war fleet.
DL&W is underrepresented on my layout and I would like a hopper or two to deliver anthracite.
--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

William Dale

Brian,
     A few years back there was a magazine article that dove into your question. Now, could I remember where it appeared, no, but lean heavily towards RMC. The Tichy/Accurail USRA works, and surprisingly the TM/Walthers 36’ two bay as well. Now, one of the offset three bay hoppers also works, but I can’t recall which manufacturer. There was a slight deviation as to how the sides were done. Finally, we are fortunate that Shortline Model Products does great decals for these mentioned above. A word of note, the USRA two bay painted at Steamtown in Scranton is wrong.

Billy

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I don't know of anything specific in the model railroad enthusiast press, but perhaps this image below might provide a starting point for further input and discussion on the original question...

Date is given as 1930s-1940s

Quite a variety!

Claus Schlund