ATSF Boxcar 7709 Help

Paul Doggett

Mike

List of ATSF shops and codes
Paul Doggett
image0.png

On 29 May 2022, at 15:46, Paul Doggett <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:

Mike

 Not on the ATSF DO was Dover Ohio on the B&O, EN was Ensel MI on the C&O

Hopefully that helps you

Paul Doggett.     England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 29 May 2022, at 15:34, Michael Palmieri <mikepalmieri@...> wrote:

I have a photo taken in 1961 of ATSF 7709, a 50-foot double-door steel boxcar.  Its CAPY and LD LMT are both 79000 and its LT WT is 57000, and it was reweighed at DO in 4-58, but I can’t locate any more information on this series of cars.  Can any please help?

On the ATSF, where were DO and EN?

Mike Palmieri – Little Elm, Texas

charles slater

Mike double door steel car 7709 is one of the cars re-built into the Fe-13 class of cars, numbered 7601-7849 in 1937 by Santa Fe. These cars were originally Fe-K and Fe-M class cars-built AC&F in 1909 and 1912.
Santa Fe shop code DO is Dodge City, Kansas and none of the books I have show a shop code of EN, it was probably re-weighted off line.
Charlie Slater MSFM

Sent from Outlook

I have a photo taken in 1961 of ATSF 7709, a 50-foot double-door steel boxcar.  Its CAPY and LD LMT are both 79000 and its LT WT is 57000, and it was reweighed at DO in 4-58, but I can’t locate any more information on this series of cars.  Can any please help?

On the ATSF, where were DO and EN?

Mike Palmieri – Little Elm, Texas

Bob Chaparro

Here is a large list.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Paul Doggett

Mike

 Not on the ATSF DO was Dover Ohio on the B&O, EN was Ensel MI on the C&O

Hopefully that helps you

Paul Doggett.     England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 29 May 2022, at 15:34, Michael Palmieri <mikepalmieri@...> wrote:

I have a photo taken in 1961 of ATSF 7709, a 50-foot double-door steel boxcar.  Its CAPY and LD LMT are both 79000 and its LT WT is 57000, and it was reweighed at DO in 4-58, but I can’t locate any more information on this series of cars.  Can any please help?

On the ATSF, where were DO and EN?

Mike Palmieri – Little Elm, Texas

Michael Palmieri