Photo: Team Tracks With A Real Team (1927)

Chuck Soule

That was my tongue-in-cheek choice - shunter in the marshalling yard...

And you're right - the lack thereof gives us a chance to admire the freight cars longer...

Chuck Soule

Philip Dove

Chuck, don't you mean Switcher? Shunter is a British term. All the better if we have a scarcity of locomotives, it gives us more time to look at the freight cars.

Chuck Soule

Interesting choice of words in their caption.  I think of "marshaling yards" to be more British than North American, but I don't see a shunter is sight :-(

I agree with Bob - a very interesting assortment of boxcars.  Thanks for sharing it!

Chuck Soule

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Team Tracks With A Real Team (1927)

A photo from the Gateway To Oklahoma History website:

https://gateway.okhistory.org/ark:/67531/metadc1300296/m1/1/?q=frisco

"In 1927 trucks, Model T's and horse-drawn wagons bustled around the old Frisco marshaling yards."

Good assortment of boxcars, too.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA