Photo: Boxcars Near Downtown Oklahoma City (Undated)

Ray Breyer

Ah, the forgotten fleet of Harriman/Pressed Steel side sill boxcars. The IC had a lot of them: 3,150 37'10" OL XMs, 200 37'10" OL XAs, and 3,000 41'10" OL XMs. The 38-footers were all gone by 1940, but the 42-footers stayed in revenue service through the K brake ban, and as MOW cars up to the ICG merger.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 03:59:47 PM CDT, Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...> wrote:

Hello,

Pressed Steel underframe and part of the Harriman family.

Ted Schnepf

On Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 02:53:57 PM CDT, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Claus Schlund asked:
"The double-sheathed boxcar closest to the camera - is it Illinois Central? I suspect it might be..."

It is.  Click on the "Zoom" tab above the photo to enlarge.

Ben Hom

Scott

Like the "Doc and Bill Funiture company" sign.

Scott McDonald

Ted Schnepf

Hello,

Pressed Steel underframe and part of the Harriman family.

Ted Schnepf

On Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 02:53:57 PM CDT, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Claus Schlund asked:
"The double-sheathed boxcar closest to the camera - is it Illinois Central? I suspect it might be..."

It is.  Click on the "Zoom" tab above the photo to enlarge.

Ben Hom

Benjamin Hom

Claus Schlund asked:
"The double-sheathed boxcar closest to the camera - is it Illinois Central? I suspect it might be..."

It is.  Click on the "Zoom" tab above the photo to enlarge.

Ben Hom

Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;)

Hi Bob and List Members,

The double-sheathed boxcar closest to the camera - is it Illinois Central? I suspect it might be...

Claus Schlund

On 31-May-22 13:07, Bob Chaparro via groups.io wrote:

Photo: Boxcars Near Downtown Oklahoma City (Undated)

A photo from the Gateway To Oklahoma History website:

https://gateway.okhistory.org/ark:/67531/metadc1589584/m1/1/?q=railroad

Photo editing software should improve the lighting of this photo.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bob Chaparro