F & C #6991 Pennsylvania Railroad TM8

Sean Murphy

It sounds like gray is correct. Thanks everyone.

Tim O'Connor

could it be yellow ?

On 6/2/2022 2:13 AM, Sean Murphy wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Has anyone built one of F&C PRR TM8 tank car kits?  I picked up the 6991 black decal kit and assembled it but I don't know what color it should be. It looks white from the photo I have found but it could be silver. Let me know and thanks.

Sean Murphy

Sterling, Massachusetts

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Sean,

The later PRR scheme for these cars was gray with black lettering.  The earlier scheme was FCC (red) with white lettering, but I don’t recall the timeframe for the change.

The PRRPro group on Groups.io (See: https://groups.io/g/PRRPro) did the PRR’s TM8 tank cars as Project No. 14 in 2008.  Messages started in April of that year with Message No. 4209.

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966