Branchline Northwestern G/Y reefer finished

Eric Hansmann

That’s looking great, Charlie! Sharp paint and lettering.

I bought a couple of those Branchline AC&F reefer kits last summer during a hobby shop stop on the way to the St Louis RPM. When I tire of building resin kits, I turn to the plastic pile and grab a couple to build. Thanks for the inspiration!

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Charlie Duckworth via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 1:19 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Branchline Northwestern G/Y reefer finished

Here’s some old school modeling; the Branchline wood reefer kit build almost OOB.  I did substitute wire handgrabs for the sides and on the roof otherwise used all the parts that came with the kit.  I appreciate everyone’s input on the colors.  The original kit was the as built Noerthwestern reefer but the scheme was too early for my layout. I stripped the sides and found a set of Odd Ball decals on eBay.  My layout is set in the early 1950’s so this 1952 car would be somewhat new and I’ll keep it with just this minor weathering.    Noticed I still need to add the Plano hatch brackets…
--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.

Charlie Duckworth

Tom did a nice job on his ART and Mopac cars which at the time when he was in business is about all I’d bought. 

The Northwestern lettering is almost spot on although his capacity load limit and light weight might be slightly larger than the prototype but that’s my only observation.  It’s odd to that he included ready to use road numbers that weren’t valid for these cars and I had to piece together a correct number.   If you search on eBay for Northwestern reefer the dealer I bought this set from had 7 more. 
--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.

Tim O'Connor

Beautiful work - such handsome cars! Tom Stolte's decals (Oddballs) are not always as accurate as these so
he must have really liked these cars. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 6/8/2022 2:19 PM, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io wrote:
Here’s some old school modeling; the Branchline wood reefer kit build almost OOB.  I did substitute wire handgrabs for the sides and on the roof otherwise used all the parts that came with the kit.  I appreciate everyone’s input on the colors.  The original kit was the as built Noerthwestern reefer but the scheme was too early for my layout. I stripped the sides and found a set of Odd Ball decals on eBay.  My layout is set in the early 1950’s so this 1952 car would be somewhat new and I’ll keep it with just this minor weathering.    Noticed I still need to add the Plano hatch brackets…
--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.

Attachments:

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

O Fenton Wells

Good looking car Charlie, well done
Fenton

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 2:47 PM Lloyd Keyser <lloydkeyser@...> wrote:
Nice Charlie. Lloyd

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 1:19 PM Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51=duck.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here’s some old school modeling; the Branchline wood reefer kit build almost OOB.  I did substitute wire handgrabs for the sides and on the roof otherwise used all the parts that came with the kit.  I appreciate everyone’s input on the colors.  The original kit was the as built Noerthwestern reefer but the scheme was too early for my layout. I stripped the sides and found a set of Odd Ball decals on eBay.  My layout is set in the early 1950’s so this 1952 car would be somewhat new and I’ll keep it with just this minor weathering.    Noticed I still need to add the Plano hatch brackets…
--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Lloyd Keyser

Nice Charlie. Lloyd

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 1:19 PM Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51=duck.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here’s some old school modeling; the Branchline wood reefer kit build almost OOB.  I did substitute wire handgrabs for the sides and on the roof otherwise used all the parts that came with the kit.  I appreciate everyone’s input on the colors.  The original kit was the as built Noerthwestern reefer but the scheme was too early for my layout. I stripped the sides and found a set of Odd Ball decals on eBay.  My layout is set in the early 1950’s so this 1952 car would be somewhat new and I’ll keep it with just this minor weathering.    Noticed I still need to add the Plano hatch brackets…
--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.

Charlie Duckworth

--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.