AAR 40' Boxcar ID

Brian Carlson

I’ve been absorbing info for over 30 years now (49 years old) and I still consider myself a novice. Lol.

Brian J. Carlson P.E.

On Aug 5, 2022, at 12:00 PM, Gary McMills <santafe@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve,

I'm  a novice but have been absorbing info for over a year now.

On 2022-08-04 22:31, pennsylvania1954 wrote:

Hi Gary--Go here for all of Ed Hawkins' post war AAR 40' boxcar lists.

http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/postwaraarmain.html

I agree with Tim on the 7' door 10 panel car. There were no 12 panel cars on the PRR.

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

Gary McMills

Steve,

The steamerafreightcars.com  info I had previously did not contain this info.

Thanks again,

Gary McMills

Thanks Steve,

On 2022-08-04 22:31, pennsylvania1954 wrote:

Hi Gary--Go here for all of Ed Hawkins' post war AAR 40' boxcar lists.

http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/postwaraarmain.html

I agree with Tim on the 7' door 10 panel car. There were no 12 panel cars on the PRR.

Jim Pattison

That is a helpful ton of information. Thanks for posting.
Jim Pattison

Hi Gary--Go here for all of Ed Hawkins' post war AAR 40' boxcar lists.

http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/postwaraarmain.html

I agree with Tim on the 7' door 10 panel car. There were no 12 panel cars on
the PRR.
--
Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

pennsylvania1954

Hi Gary--Go here for all of Ed Hawkins' post war AAR 40' boxcar lists.

http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/postwaraarmain.html

I agree with Tim on the 7' door 10 panel car. There were no 12 panel cars on the PRR.
--
Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

Gary McMills

Thanks Tim

Gary McMills

On 2022-08-04 18:43, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Ed has produced MANY box car rosters so the one that you want is Ed's compilation
of AAR Postwar R+3-4 IDN (1948-1954) tabloid format, or Excel spreadsheet format.

Modelers and railfans love to make lists and tables! :-)

I just checked and I have 1,338
PDF files and 167 Excel spreadsheets in my data folder. :-D

The PRR X43B is perfect for the first car, 7ft door 10p DP roof R+3/4

On 8/4/2022 6:30 PM, Gary McMills wrote:

Hi All,

I recently pickup some HO scale C&BT  1944 AAR 40' Boxcar kits at an estate sale and I am at a loss for identifying which railroad(s) owned them.

They are one with a 7' door and 10 panel sides with Angle roof and 4-3-1 ends.

Also a 7'door 12 panel sides with a flat roof and is Tuscan red (perhaps PRR?)

and a 8' door 12 panel sides car , 10 panel sides, flat roof, and 4-3-1 ends.

 I have Ed Hawkins Steam Era Freight car list but I am still having difficulties ID ing these cars.

I would like to find the prototype railroad for these  cars.

They are undecorated.

thanks,

Gary McMills

Vicksburg,Miss.