Topics

A&EC box cars (was Intermountain Deco end XM)

Tim O'Connor

Thanks for the correction Ed !

To add to your list - 936, 1019 & 1020 also had round corner ends.

The other photos I have are all duplicates of yours.

Tim O'Connor

=================================

On 3/28/2020 3:57 PM, Ed Hawkins wrote:
On Mar 28, 2020, at 11:03 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I'd forgotten about the Branchline cars! Yes, they did the scheme, and yes, those also
were incorrect because of the ends.

Tim (off list),
Not all of the A&EC box cars had square-corner Dreadnaught ends. Some that A&EC received were built in 1941 with “W”-section/round-corner Dreadnaught ends. It would take company records to know the origin of all cars as they were mixed.

Here’s a list of 10 photos I have. Perhaps you have others that can be added.

Square-corner ends: 992, 1015, 1030, 1038, 1044, 1045, 1080

Round-corner ends: 1039, 1081, 1096

Ed

Sterling, Massachusetts