Topics

ACC Applicators

Schuyler Larrabee

Les, the modified needle is a good idea. I sometimes have to make several applications because an
insufficient amount of ACC has been picked up by the sharp end of the hat pin I use. I bought a
card of maybe eight of these at CVS some years ago, about 2" long with a large ball on the back end.
I use a 3x4 piece of glass to put the supply puddle on, and ACC is in the brush-in-the-top style
bottle of Krazy Glue, also from CVS. At times there are two of these bottles, because while this
style of bottle never clogs, humid summer weather or dry heated house, it does tend to thicken with
age. So I have an old bottle with thick stuff, and a newer bottle with thin stuff, selecting which
to use based on the situation.

SGL

I put three to four drops of ACC in a bottle cap (from bottled water) that sits in a piece of foam
to hold it at an angle so
the ACC collects at the bottom of the angled side. The tip of the ACC bottle is then wiped clean
and cap put back on.
Tip always stays clean. ACC is applied from bottle cap with a the eye of a needle that was cut in
half to form a wye and
inserted in a wood dowel. A tool like this is available from MicroMark if you choose not to make
your own. When the
eye of the needle clogs I use a disposable lighter to burn any accumulation off. Since the needle
is stainless steel no harm
is done ( does blacken ) to the needle tip. The burn method with lighter faster (takes seconds )
rather than using Acetone
to clean it which is what I used prior to hearing about using the lighter.

Lester Breuer

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , "RichardS" <rstern1@...> wrote:

I would like to hear what others are using for applicator tips for ACC glue bottles.

How do you keep them from clogging?

How do you clean them out when clogged?

In particular, I have been using some applicators that fit onto the bottle top. They have a
metal tube that is quite small
-- I only use them for the thin liquid ACC. They are great for this purpose, giving very good
control of the thin glue that
tends to run otherwise.

Nevertheless, they clog after a few uses and I haven't figured out any way to clean them out --
I don't have any wire or
drills small enough to fit into the tiny tubes and ACC debonder doesn't seem to work.

Thanks
Rick Stern

Database version: 6.13450
<http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor-antivirus/>

Database version: 6.13450

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Several posters report that in their experience needle applicators do not deliver enough ACC glue. That is commonly true if one does not spin/twirl the needle as it either drawn along, or the application is in a single location, i.e. this spinning allows the glue on all sides of the needle point to be laid down, not just one side. Doing this also much diminishes the amount of ACC left to dry and cake on the needle point.

Now, this does require that the needle point be clean and clear of caked ACC....

Again, use steel needles, not pins or pieces of wire. The long tapered ends of the needles are strong, the points stay sharp, and the steel withstands the repeated cleaning of the tip. I hold it permanently in a cheap flea-market pin vise.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento