Topics

Addendum Re: [RealSTMFC] Real or no?

Kenneth Montero

Clark,

Since the photo is black and white, i could not tell if the sides are too "orange-y". A color photo is needed to answer that issue.

Ken Montero

On 11/04/2020 12:10 PM Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...> wrote:

Clark,

It is an authentic paint job of the body, and the lettering scheme is correct, but the wrong lettering color (white portion is correct, but the rest of it should be blue, not black).
See Railway Prototype Cyclopedia Vol. 6, p. 17 (black & white photo of a similar car, text of this scheme in the note attached to this photo ).

Ken Montero
On 11/04/2020 11:41 AM Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

A friend bought me the attached car thinking I'd like it. Flash Sells! Anyway, is this the car there's some controversy over whether it was really painted this way or just an artist painting it on the negative?
Was it a real paint scheme or not?

Thanks,
Clark Propst