Topics

Alexander scale models

Nolan Hinshaw

On Jan 28, 2019, at 9:17 AM, Daniel A. Mitchell wrote:

Models of all these are available in 1/48 scale, but none in HO.
I had a Roco Minimovers[0] model of what I remember to be a Letourneau scraper[1], possibly a Tournapull-with-Carryall. Unfortunately Deep Storage™ is difficult of access for the nonce or I'd capture a pic and post it.

[0] 1:87, plastic

[1] new-rons turned into old-rons?
--
"I think we are pole vaulting over mouse manure here."

Daniel A. Mitchell

The only Roco Minimovers scrapers I’m familiar with were Caterpillar prototypes. The same scraper bowl came with three tractor versions …

1) A common Cat 631 2-wheeled tractor.
2) A common Cat DW20 4-wheeled tractor
3) the same 4-wheeled tractor with a “limber” to support the front of the bowl.

The 4-wheeled tractor was also sold separately.

The Roco models are quite nice ... they just need some minor added details.

Whiel the purpose and approx. size are similar, the LeTourneau machines looked quite different. I’m not aware of any HO modelsof these.

Dan Mitchell
==========

On Jan 29, 2019, at 1:51 PM, Nolan Hinshaw via Groups.Io <cearnog@...> wrote:

On Jan 28, 2019, at 9:17 AM, Daniel A. Mitchell wrote:

Models of all these are available in 1/48 scale, but none in HO.

I had a Roco Minimovers[0] model of what I remember to be a Letourneau scraper[1], possibly a Tournapull-with-Carryall. Unfortunately Deep Storage™ is difficult of access for the nonce or I'd capture a pic and post it.

[0] 1:87, plastic

[1] new-rons turned into old-rons?
--
"I think we are pole vaulting over mouse manure here."

Gene Green <genegreen1942@...>

The Mini-Movers [sic?] were, among other machines, models of a Caterpillar scraper.  I have three different versions.  I don't if the different Cat scraper versions were all available at the same time or produced sequentially.  They make excellent flat car loads.
Gene Green

Nolan Hinshaw

On Jan 29, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Daniel A. Mitchell wrote:

The only Roco Minimovers scrapers I’m familiar with were Caterpillar prototypes. The same scraper bowl came with three tractor versions …
[other spotting features appreciated]

Thank you for updating my old-rons; after I posted I groveled the web for pictures, which overloaded my chagrin circuits.
--
Chagrin, chagrin, yaddida yaddida...

Gene Green <genegreen1942@...>

Aha!  Dan Mitchell knows the correct terminology!  Good info to have, Dan.  Thanks.
Gene Green