Topics

Ancient Tank Car Parts

Richard Hendrickson

Garth Groff wrote:

As Richard has pointed out a number of times, the Tichy tank with the
small dome can be placed on the Type 27 underframe to give us a fair
representation of some cars built during WWII. Richard has promised for
several years to do the conversion and write it up, but has apparently
been trapped by mundane non-railroad activities, like putting a roof
over his head (only important if it protects his trains). I am sure
there are many other possibilities. What is lacking is shared
information. Richard noted recently that the magazines generally don't
want articles unless there is a kit to go with them, but perhaps the
Hawkins-Wider CYC would be a good venue for prototype photos and
thoughts on kitbashing. A possibility, Richard? Others?
Getting such an article published isn't the problem, Garth. Finding time
to build the models and write the article is the problem. For almost two
years, I've had hardly any time for either modeling or writing, and now
that I'm back to doing some of both, the editors I work for have their own
ideas about priorities.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520