Ann Arbor 73814

Robert kirkham

It's been quite a while since I wrote about this model, but was able to get it painted and decaled recently.   It isn’t as exacting a model as one would get from a Speedwitch kit, but made good use of one of my Accurail kits.  I relied heavily on info provided by Craig Wilson and the great coverage on the Ann Arbor fleet found in Rob Adams article in Prototype Railroad Modelling volume two from Speedwitch.

Rob

Paul Doggett

Rob

You have made a nice job of that .

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 2 Jun 2021, at 23:10, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

It's been quite a while since I wrote about this model, but was able to get it painted and decaled recently.   It isn’t as exacting a model as one would get from a Speedwitch kit, but made good use of one of my Accurail kits.  I relied heavily on info provided by Craig Wilson and the great coverage on the Ann Arbor fleet found in Rob Adams article in Prototype Railroad Modelling volume two from Speedwitch.

Rob

Attachments:

O Fenton Wells

Looking good Rob, nicely done
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Robert kirkham

Thanks Paul & Fenton.  It was a nice diversion from the usual CPR fleet . . .

Rob

On Jun 2, 2021, at 3:19 PM, Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:

Rob

You have made a nice job of that .

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 2 Jun 2021, at 23:10, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

It's been quite a while since I wrote about this model, but was able to get it painted and decaled recently.   It isn’t as exacting a model as one would get from a Speedwitch kit, but made good use of one of my Accurail kits.  I relied heavily on info provided by Craig Wilson and the great coverage on the Ann Arbor fleet found in Rob Adams article in Prototype Railroad Modelling volume two from Speedwitch.

Rob

Attachments:

Craig Wilson

Outstanding . . . the model looks very good indeed.  Did you use the Smokebox Graphics decals to letter it?
Craig Wilson

Robert kirkham

Yes, it was letters mostly with the Smokebox Graphics, plus Rs are from Ted’s set that you sent Craig.  Its fun having the correct Rs!  Thanks again for your help making this model happen!

Rob

On Jun 2, 2021, at 7:35 PM, Craig Wilson <agecompanyphotog@...> wrote:

Outstanding . . . the model looks very good indeed.  Did you use the Smokebox Graphics decals to letter it?
Craig Wilson

Robert kirkham

Just realized the broadside photo didn’t come through.  Here is one from the side, and another with the shorter CB&Q car I did a while ago.  Not the HO 1’ height difference I wanted, but there is a difference.

Rob