Ann Arbor Hutchins End (was FW&D 7231 Accurail kitbash)
Couple of additional observations:toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
- the panel lap joint feels a little heavy and
- the panel joint needs rivets. (They were on there, but must have been lost during editing.)
On Nov 15, 2020, at 10:27 AM, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:
Attaching a couple of photos of the first version of the Hutchin ends for the Accurail kitbash. Here are the issues I see:
- printed flat, the overall surface is good until one looks at the edges. They have diagonal striations so would need filling and Archer rivets used to correct the surfaces.
- As you can see, the parts have a flange in back to help locate the sides. While it fits nicely into the car bottom, up top its a little tight. So it may be a bit too wide, and so would need to be thinned down by the modeller (or I will edit the drawing once I have it verified.).
- The gussets at the bottom look to extend downward a little far, so would need to be sanded shorter once installed.
- I’m not sure if the ledge for the floor to mount into is the correct depth.
But, those are all elements I can fix. So far, pretty pleased with this option.
On Nov 14, 2020, at 6:00 PM, Craig Wilson <agecompanyphotog@...> wrote:
Looking forward to seeing this one. Did you get the Shapeways parts for the complete ends yet? If so, what is your opinion of them?