Topics

Another color image: HO WP 1916 built 40' SS box car resin parts

Andy Carlson

Hello-

I have been preparing a return to offering a select few resin HO box cars. The tooling for this HO box car was made over 20 years ago.

I have enough parts for two of these WP box cars.

I accept checks or money orders. With a small fee I accept PayPal.

Contact me at <midcentury@...> of list please.

Inline image

Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Eric Hansmann

Were these Bettendorf-built cars?

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Sep 23, 2020, at 6:21 PM, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Hello-

I have been preparing a return to offering a select few resin HO box cars. The tooling for this HO box car was made over 20 years ago.

I have enough parts for two of these WP box cars.

I accept checks or money orders. With a small fee I accept PayPal.

Contact me at <midcentury@...> of list please.

<Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 3.54.10 PM.png>

Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Eric,

No Pullman, WP 15001-16000. A few hung on into the 1960s, mostly in plaster service out of Gerlach, Nevada, as series 26001-26125. Many were converted to stock cars, MW service, and the WP's famous single-sheathed cupola and bay-window cabooses. None are known to survive in original condition, but a mess of the cabooses are still around in preservation, on tourist railroads, and in use as vacation cabins.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 7:34 PM Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
Were these Bettendorf-built cars?

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Sep 23, 2020, at 6:21 PM, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Hello-

I have been preparing a return to offering a select few resin HO box cars. The tooling for this HO box car was made over 20 years ago.

I have enough parts for two of these WP box cars.

I accept checks or money orders. With a small fee I accept PayPal.

Contact me at <midcentury@...> of list please.

<Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 3.54.10 PM.png>

Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Randy Hees

We have one of these, believed to be 2711 (as a work car) at Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City... ours is believed to be last used as a rider car in the Elko wreck train... as such the end have been moved inward 2' or so creating platforms... windows were cut into the sides, and a water tank was added... Later it went to the tourist railroad at Heber Ut where the upper sheeting was cut away, making it a tourist rider car.   We acquired it in a "lot" of equipment in 1993... and it has sat until this year.  This year we have cleaned it up, replaced the arch bar trucks it was on when received with a set of cast steel caboose trucks, serviced and tested the brakes... It has a couple of burnt bearings which need to be rebabitted then it will return to service on our railroad.

Randy Hees

lrkdbn

Are you going to do more of these?
L.King