ANOTHER FLAT CAR QUESTION

WILLIAM PARDIE

Hs there ever been a drawing published for the Tichy NC&SL flat car?

Bill Pardie

lrkdbn

I believe Gregg's Train Shed #46 "Flats, Gons, Hoppers 1931" has this car. As I recall there were two orders of these cars built,one with KC brake(the Tichy car) and one with with KD brake. The drawing is the car with KD brake.
Larry King

Benjamin Hom

Bill Pardie asked:
"Has there ever been a drawing published for the Tichy NC&S[t]L flat car?"

Richard Hendrickson's article in the June 1993 issue of Railmodel Journal mentions a photo of the NC&StL car with general arrangement drawings published in the 1928 and 1931 Car Builders' Cyclopedias and reprinted in Newton Gregg's Train Shed Cyclopedia No. 46.

I seem to remember drawings in Mainline Modeler, but I don't have the reference information handy.  Hopefully someone has it handy.

Ben Hom

Scott H. Haycock

On 05/18/2021 12:03 PM Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:
I seem to remember drawings in Mainline Modeler, but I don't have the reference information handy.  Hopefully someone has it handy.

The May 1984 issue of M.M. has drawings of a very similar ACL flat. The March 1989 issue has a Mont Switzer article about building the Tichy model with a road grader load.

Scott Haycock

Steve and Barb Hile

Going way back to October 1952 in Model Railroader, you could find a simplified version of the Cyclopedia drawing.

Steve Hile