Articles: Linde Box/Tank Cars

Bob Chaparro

Articles: Linde Box/Tank Cars

Two illustrated articles from the July 1993 the RailModel Journal:

http://magazine.trainlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/rmj_199307.pdf

Articles begin on Pages 12 and 48.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Ed Mims

Are Linde decals available? I've tried using MicroScale's but they are now too old. Even clear coating does not help.

Ed Mims
Jacksonville, FL

Chuck Cover

Ed,

Have you tried Microscale Liquid Decal film over the decals before applying?  I have had great luck using that product, especially on old decals.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

O Fenton Wells

Check K4 decals they may have them

On Jul 28, 2021, at 8:18 AM, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Ed,

Have you tried Microscale Liquid Decal film over the decals before applying?  I have had great luck using that product, especially on old decals.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Tim O'Connor

Stan made a couple of very good Linde decal sets. Maybe someone knows what happened to his artwork?

Tim O'Connor

On 7/28/2021 8:18 AM, Chuck Cover wrote:

Ed,

Have you tried Microscale Liquid Decal film over the decals before applying?  I have had great luck using that product, especially on old decals.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Sterling, Massachusetts

Ed Mims

Thanks to all for the advice. I'll try the Microscale decal film and check K4. Stan's decals looked good. Now I wish I had bought some.

Ed Mims

jmaurer1@...

Champ made two sets (I believe: the green and white car and the early BCR diamond car). Highball makes a set as well. I would love a set of the BCR diamond decals, but I model N scale and I don't believe they were ever available in N.

Jeff Maurer