Atlas/Branchline Sale

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 3/2/2017 8:48 AM, SUVCWORR@... [STMFC] wrote:

Frankly It sounds like atlas site has errors either in its shipping table or how the weight, and size of the branchline kits are being calculated.

    Not unusual for internet sites.  For example many of the big box stores I order from (when I'm in N CA)  think I'm only 30/40 miles from 99.  They can't seem to understand that from Covelo to highway 99 (I5 ?) has a 7,000 mountain in the way.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Tim O'Connor

lol - It's beginning to sound like there is a drunken robot working the system at Atlas!

What the heck are you all ordering anyway?? When I click on 40 foot Branchline box car
kits I only see ONE available - a PRR box car. No undec kits for sure, so no extra roofs,
ends, or doors.

I tried to order 7 50 foot single door cars, and I got the discount. But shipping was still $22
as before, via UPS. There was no USPS shipping except express overnight mail for $70. It's
all academic to me, but still I find it fascinating that Atlas would ship 10 cars (3 lb package
at least) to CANADA for $4 !! When it would cost any ordinary mortal at least $25. =-O

Sounds like that drunken robot is going to have a wicked headache in the morning.

Tim O'Connor

I just ordered 46 cars by phone and shipping was $10 to Pittsburgh, PA

Rich Orr

Frankly It sounds like atlas site has errors either in its shipping table or how the weight, and size of the branchline kits are being calculated.

Brian J. Carlson

SUVCWORR@...

Tim,

I ordered these so they can be stripped and used by our club as part of the club fleet.  Absent undecs, $130 for 46 cars is a bargin we will take even if we need to strip the cars.

Rich Orr

On 3/2/2017 2:33 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:
but still I find it fascinating that Atlas would ship 10 cars (3 lb package
at least) to CANADA for $4

    You have to move Tim, either CA or Canada.  I also have the horrible thought that their internet program can't keep track of sales and inventory.  They probably have sold hundreds and have 10 in stock (GRIN)!

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941
Digitrax  Chief/Zephyr systems,
SPROG, JMRI User
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Fred_Swa@...

Yesterday I ordered passenger kits.  I couldn't find the undecorated  ones so I called today to inquire about them.  What's on sale is what's on the website.  So I ordered some post wat AAR, a 4 pack of prewar ones and some parts. Still got $6 and change shipping. Parts are not on sale.
Fred Swanson