Topics

ATSF 5714 Fe 8 color photo

Andy Carlson

Strange that an Fe 7 would have a more modern end than an Fe 8 with its inverted Murphy corrugated end. With so many rebuilds, perhaps I should not be surprised.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Monday, June 22, 2020, 2:45:48 PM PDT, Tom Madden via groups.io <pullmanboss@...> wrote:

Aaannnnnndd - the Resin Car Works kit:

Tom Madden

mel perry

also note the lack of the cross bearer
angle?
mel perry

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 04:00 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:

Strange that an Fe 7 would have a more modern end than an Fe 8 with its inverted Murphy corrugated end. With so many rebuilds, perhaps I should not be surprised.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA
According to the Sunshine PDS there were four different types of ends applied to the various Fe-6 through Fe-20 rebuilds: inverted Murphy, inverted Dreadnought, inverted Murphy with stretcher panel, and inverted Dreadnought with stretcher panel. Again according to the PDS, they were often intermixed although all the photos in the ATSF Furniture and Automobile Box Cars book show all the "B" ends had stretcher panels. Frank has  patterns for the Murphy ends and may release a kit with those ends.

Tom Madden

Tom Madden

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 04:19 PM, mel perry wrote:
also note the lack of the cross bearer
angle?
mel perry
A post-1950 mod.

Tom Madden

charles slater

Andy there were 4 different ends used in this rebuilding project. This car most likely had 2 different ends on it.
Charlie Slater

Sent from Outlook