Topics

B&M covered hopper 5599 / KCEX #119

akerboomk

According to Tim Gilbert, B&M covered hopper 5599 (purchased by the B&M 1954, later renumbered 010) was ex-KCEX #119, built "1916" (!!! pretty sure that's a typo)
I can't find those reporting marks in my 1953 ORER, nor (according to the web) their owner (Kazco Enterprises Inc.)

Does anyone have any info on this car?
--
Ken Akerboom

akerboomk

It was KEPX 119 (not KCEX)
I can't find who owned those reporting marks.
--
Ken Akerboom

David

1916 might be correct for the build date, if the car was converted from a conventional hopper. Would probably need to find a photo to speculate on the origins.

David Thompson

Donald B. Valentine

     Nor is there any listing back as far as July 1947.  Something might

be off in Tim’s notes.

My best, Don Valentine

Sent from Mail for Windows 10