Topics

B&O 17000

Andy Carlson

Allow me to join onto this upcoming trend. B&O #17000. A mostly steel box car. Please, no need to thank me, I do it for love.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Inline image

Tim O'Connor

:-D:-D:-D

On 7/24/2020 6:25 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:
Allow me to join onto this upcoming trend. B&O #17000. A mostly steel box car. Please, no need to thank me, I do it for love.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Sterling, Massachusetts

Eric Hansmann

Would this early boxcar have steel or iron sheathing?

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 24, 2020, at 5:25 PM, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Allow me to join onto this upcoming trend. B&O #17000. A mostly steel box car. Please, no need to thank me, I do it for love.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

<bo17000ago.jpg>

<bo17000ago.jpg>

Benjamin Hom

Andy Carlson wrote:
"B&O #17000. A mostly steel box car."

Eric Hansmann asked:
"Would this early boxcar have steel or iron sheathing?"

Iron.  From the B&O Railroad Museum website:
http://www.borail.org/17000.aspx

Ben Hom