Topics

B&O 262529

Richard Remiarz

After sitting on my workbench for a couple of months painted and decaled while I worked on structures and scenery, I finally weathered and added the final details on B&O 262529, an O-59A gondola build from a Sunshine Models kit.  I added Kadee 158 couplers, TMW 209 trucks, Detail Associates chain, coupler lift bars, and hex NBW; HiTech Details 6038 air hoses, and Sunshine chalk mark details.  The car was painted with Scalecoat S1 Loco Black paint and weathered with Pan Pastel Paynes Grey Extra Dark, AIM Dark Rust and Light Rust weathering powder, and Polly Scale Rust paint.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN

Matthew Hurst

Rich,

Gorgeous car!

Did the Cushion underframe coupler pockets come with it or did you add them? If you added them.... what did you use?

Great work

Matthew Hurst
PRRT&HS #6799
PRRT&HS modeling committee

On Nov 8, 2020, at 7:42 PM, Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:

After sitting on my workbench for a couple of months painted and decaled while I worked on structures and scenery, I finally weathered and added the final details on B&O 262529, an O-59A gondola build from a Sunshine Models kit.  I added Kadee 158 couplers, TMW 209 trucks, Detail Associates chain, coupler lift bars, and hex NBW; HiTech Details 6038 air hoses, and Sunshine chalk mark details.  The car was painted with Scalecoat S1 Loco Black paint and weathered with Pan Pastel Paynes Grey Extra Dark, AIM Dark Rust and Light Rust weathering powder, and Polly Scale Rust paint.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN

Attachments:

mel perry

nice blending of the scenery
mel perry

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020, 4:42 PM Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:
After sitting on my workbench for a couple of months painted and decaled while I worked on structures and scenery, I finally weathered and added the final details on B&O 262529, an O-59A gondola build from a Sunshine Models kit.  I added Kadee 158 couplers, TMW 209 trucks, Detail Associates chain, coupler lift bars, and hex NBW; HiTech Details 6038 air hoses, and Sunshine chalk mark details.  The car was painted with Scalecoat S1 Loco Black paint and weathered with Pan Pastel Paynes Grey Extra Dark, AIM Dark Rust and Light Rust weathering powder, and Polly Scale Rust paint.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN

Attachments:

Richard Remiarz

Matt,

The Duryea underframe is part of the Sunshine Models kit.

Rich Remiarz

[...]

Mel,

Thanks for the comment on the scenery.  The photo is a 4’ module I built to use for live demonstrations in scenery clinics.  It was initially built for the Twin Cities Modelers Retreat earlier in 2020, the last event before COVID hit.  Only the 2’ on the left end have been sceniked so far, with the remainder to be done at future clinics.

I used the module to display freight cars during the Modelers Retreat, and have been using it as a place to take photos of the freight cars I have been building.   With that, back to freight cars.

Rich Remiarz

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

After sitting on my workbench for a couple of months painted and decaled while I worked on structures and scenery, I finally weathered and added the final details on B&O 262529, an O-59A gondola build from a Sunshine Models kit.  I added Kadee 158 couplers, TMW 209 trucks, Detail Associates chain, coupler lift bars, and hex NBW; HiTech Details 6038 air hoses, and Sunshine chalk mark details.  The car was painted with Scalecoat S1 Loco Black paint and weathered with Pan Pastel Paynes Grey Extra Dark, AIM Dark Rust and Light Rust weathering powder, and Polly Scale Rust paint.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz

Vadnais Heights, MN

Attachments:

Robert kirkham

Nice looking model!  The rusty interior really looks great.

Rob

On Nov 8, 2020, at 4:41 PM, Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:

After sitting on my workbench for a couple of months painted and decaled while I worked on structures and scenery, I finally weathered and added the final details on B&O 262529, an O-59A gondola build from a Sunshine Models kit.  I added Kadee 158 couplers, TMW 209 trucks, Detail Associates chain, coupler lift bars, and hex NBW; HiTech Details 6038 air hoses, and Sunshine chalk mark details.  The car was painted with Scalecoat S1 Loco Black paint and weathered with Pan Pastel Paynes Grey Extra Dark, AIM Dark Rust and Light Rust weathering powder, and Polly Scale Rust paint.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN

<B&O 262529-1.jpg><B&O 262529-2.jpg>

Tony Thompson

    Good-looking model, Rich. Nice job!

Tony Thompson

Paul Doggett

Rich

That’s a great looking model great weathering as well.
Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 9 Nov 2020, at 00:42, Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:

After sitting on my workbench for a couple of months painted and decaled while I worked on structures and scenery, I finally weathered and added the final details on B&O 262529, an O-59A gondola build from a Sunshine Models kit.  I added Kadee 158 couplers, TMW 209 trucks, Detail Associates chain, coupler lift bars, and hex NBW; HiTech Details 6038 air hoses, and Sunshine chalk mark details.  The car was painted with Scalecoat S1 Loco Black paint and weathered with Pan Pastel Paynes Grey Extra Dark, AIM Dark Rust and Light Rust weathering powder, and Polly Scale Rust paint.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN

Attachments:

O Fenton Wells

Well done Rich. Looks very good
Fenton

On Nov 8, 2020, at 7:57 PM, Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:

[...]

Tim O'Connor

Beautiful model - and nicely manicured ballast too! :-)

On 11/8/2020 7:57 PM, Richard Remiarz wrote:
[...]

Sterling, Massachusetts