B&O Wagontop

Andy Harman

At 09:31 AM 1/29/2011 -0600, you wrote:

The suggestion was made that Roof Brown was an appropriate color for
this during the M26 project on Virtual Modelers. I used the Poly Scale
version and my reaction was "WOW is it BROWN!". When I do my next B&O
car, I will most likely cut the roof brown with some red, to taste.
The latest batches of Pollyscale roof brown look grayish to me. They don't look like the Pollyscale I was getting 10 years ago, and nothing like classic Floquil roof brown, which I happen to have a small stash of.

Andy

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Chuck, Now you see, I said I was lazy and I am currently doing the
Southern war emergency caboose Version-2 by Westerfield so I'm using Floquil
Caboose red right out of the bottle. No need to run down and get a sample.
(Of course we would say git a sample).

I'll have to try the paint pealing quality of grits, I haven't done that
yet.
Regards,
Fenton

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM, <RUTLANDRS@...> wrote:

Fenton,
Keep those grits handy. They make for nice peeling paint, even on
steam era freight cars.
While you're at it, run downtown to the caboose and get a paint sample
so that it can be matched to (?) and then everyone can get the right color.
Chuck Hladik

In a message dated 1/29/2011 10:50:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
srrfan1401@... <srrfan1401%40gmail.com> writes:

Thanks, Bruce I'll move my grits and see what paint colors I have. I
still
have one more Sunshine wagontop and several ACL and C&WC cars to build and
being lazy was hoping there was something straight out of the bottle.
I'm fixin to go up to da workshop and git some modlein dun.
Regards,
Fenton

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...<smithbf%40auburn.edu>>
wrote:

O Fenton Wells asks, referring to prewar B&O colors:
Gentlemen, any idea of which model paints, if any out of the bottle
best
match this " Alkali Resisting Brown" ?
Fenton, y'all (*using the more inclusive southernism, since there are
some ladies out there),

The suggestion was made that Roof Brown was an appropriate color for
this during the M26 project on Virtual Modelers. I used the Poly Scale
version and my reaction was "WOW is it BROWN!". When I do my next B&O
car, I will most likely cut the roof brown with some red, to taste.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

--
Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run
srrfan1401@... <srrfan1401%40gmail.com>

Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run
Sanford NC 27332
919-499-5545
srrfan1401@...

Randy Hammill

I sent a message to Matt at Fox Valley. He confirmed that the model will have a Duryea underframe. He also said that if there's interest he can look into making some parts available. He has no idea whether they will fit other models.

He also said that the undecs might be available as a kit, but if not the floor is removable so it might be useful as a basis for an M-15 kitbash.

I'll go through the list of cars with Duryea underframes to see which ones have available models.

I'm not an expert, though, and I know there were several versions of the Duryea underframes over the years. so it would be helpful to get some additional information about which ones would be similar to the one on the M-53s.

In any event, it sounds like a promising model and I'm looking forward to it.

Randy Hammill
http://newbritainstation.com

--- In STMFC@..., Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

Apparently Matt at Fox Valley Models has announced a new B&O wagontop boxcar in N and HO scales.

It's not on the FVM web site as of this morning, but apparently details are included on the FVM Facebook page - which is something I can't access from work.

Thought someone on this list may want to check it out.

Marty McGuirk

Mark

Are these made in China?
Mark Morgan