B&O Washington D.C. Freight Terminal 1956

kevinhlafferty

An interesting array of box, reefer and early TOFC cars/trailers; even an increased height ATSF BX-11 or -12.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/51040509441/

Tim O'Connor

Nice! I would not expect to see both Lackawanna and CNW trailers on the B&O in Washington in 1956!!

Tim O'Connor

On 4/20/2021 11:20 AM, kevinhlafferty wrote:
An interesting array of box, reefer and early TOFC cars/trailers; even an increased height ATSF BX-11 or -12.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/51040509441/

Sterling, Massachusetts

Scott

Lot of neat weathering ideas in that photo!

Scott McDonald

Tim O'Connor

Is that a weathered Erie box car with the small yellow & black emblem?
Look above the B&O box cars in front, that's the car I mean.

On 5/1/2021 6:57 PM, Scott wrote:
Lot of neat weathering ideas in that photo!

Scott McDonald
https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/51040509441/
Sterling, Massachusetts

Schuyler Larrabee

You mean behind the C&O coupled to the “Way of the Eagles” that doesn’t have MP reporting marks.  Yes, I think it is, good eye, Tim.  I just noted the ERIE car in the background behind the ?transfer crane?  That has a 60” diamond.

Schuyler

On 5/1/2021 6:57 PM, Scott wrote:

Lot of neat weathering ideas in that photo!

Scott McDonald

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/51040509441/

Sterling, Massachusetts

kevinhlafferty

That's truly amazing, you managed to identify the dirtiest car in that freight yard.

Kevin Lafferty