BLI New Paragon 4 decoder

Steve SANDIFER

I enjoy switching my steam era freight cars, and I have had the opportunity to test one of the new ATSF mikados with Paragon 4 that BLI is about to release. The Paragon 4 pays special attention to Rule 17 lighting. You can go to a pro-mode and turn the headlight on or off or dim independently. Likewise the rear light. So if you want both lights on at the same time – no problem. If you want one bright and the other dim – no problem. If you want to turn off the pro-mode and just let the decoder to directional lighting, that works too.  I find this a big improvement.

The mike is beautiful and runs great as well.  I have 4 on order including 2 unlettered to be modified.

J. Stephen Sandifer