BMX 801. What’s the background on this car?

Charlie Duckworth

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Eric Hansmann

Charlie,

There was an article on these BMX cars in the September 2013 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman. The article featured prototype details and model construction techniques.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 01/12/2022 8:06 AM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Tim O'Connor

It's come up before. :-)

(Photo of Mike Evans models with Jerry Glow decals)

On 1/12/2022 10:06 AM, Charlie Duckworth wrote:

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

Charlie Vlk

I don’t know if this photo of  BMX 819 has been circulated.   I got it from a Grace Tank Car Company photo album. Grace was a used equipment broker and may have arranged the supply of tank cars to Thrall used in the conversion.

Charlie Vlk

Scott

I believe they where used to transport roof shingle granules.

Scott McDonald

Charlie Vlk

All-

It looks like the wrong file got posted.  Here is the correct one.
Charlie Vlk