Branchline NWX Reefer

Bob Chapman

First, a shout-out to Charlie Duckworth for his recent post and fine modeling of the BL NWX reefer. With a stash totally bare of unbuilt resin kits and a layout already overpopulated with red boxcars, Charlie's model was perfect inspiration for a next project, and his off-line tips were a big help in making the project happen.

BL's styrene kit is an excellent representation of the NWX prototype, and the model was built mostly following the kit instructions, with a few exceptions. Wire hardware replaced the molded parts, and an AB brake system replaced the Type K.

I learned that painting and lettering in the NWX scheme is not for the faint-hearted -- lots of color separations, and the outstanding Oddballs decals are among the thinnest I have ever experienced.

Thanks, Charlie!
Bob Chapman

Charlie Duckworth

Bob
Great looking model!  Glad I helped to breakup that sea of red.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

O Fenton Wells

Wowzer Bob, you and Charlie set the bar awfully high
Good looking build
Fenton

On Jul 17, 2022, at 7:27 PM, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51@...> wrote:

Bob
Great looking model!  Glad I helped to breakup that sea of red.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Paul Doggett

Bob
You made a great job of that car.
Paul Doggett

On 18 Jul 2022, at 00:35, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Wowzer Bob, you and Charlie set the bar awfully high
Good looking build
Fenton

On Jul 17, 2022, at 7:27 PM, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51@...> wrote:

Bob
Great looking model!  Glad I helped to breakup that sea of red.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

radiodial868

That is a brave color scheme to tackle, and then to have it come out so well. Hats off!
--
-------------------
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Tim O'Connor

Excellent build and finish. I really like the CNW NWX cars.

On 7/17/2022 7:14 PM, Bob Chapman wrote:
First, a shout-out to Charlie Duckworth for his recent post and fine modeling of the BL NWX reefer. With a stash totally bare of unbuilt resin kits and a layout already overpopulated with red boxcars, Charlie's model was perfect inspiration for a next project, and his off-line tips were a big help in making the project happen.

BL's styrene kit is an excellent representation of the NWX prototype, and the model was built mostly following the kit instructions, with a few exceptions. Wire hardware replaced the molded parts, and an AB brake system replaced the Type K.

I learned that painting and lettering in the NWX scheme is not for the faint-hearted -- lots of color separations, and the outstanding Oddballs decals are among the thinnest I have ever experienced.

Thanks, Charlie!
Bob Chapman

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts