C&IM fans are gonna like this 1948-1959

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List members,

C&IM fans are gonna like this. All images 1948-1959.

C&IM 6149 twin offset side hopper

C&IM 8198 40ft ss boxcar

C&IM 8308 40ft ss boxcar

C&IM 16060 40ft steel boxcar

C&IM 16606 40ft steel boxcar

C&IM 8396 40ft ss boxcar

Additional info below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I forgot to mention, I especially like the pole load on the flat car in the background along with "C&IM 6149 twin offset side hopper". One of the poles looks to have dangerously shifted while en route.

Claus Schlund

C&IM fans are gonna like this. All images 1948-1959.

C&IM 6149 twin offset side hopper

C&IM 8198 40ft ss boxcar

C&IM 8308 40ft ss boxcar

C&IM 16060 40ft steel boxcar

C&IM 16606 40ft steel boxcar

C&IM 8396 40ft ss boxcar

Additional info below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Brian Termunde

Claus,
I noticed that car too!

I didn't anything Milwaukee Road, but found an interesting view of two DS NP Box cars in Billings, MT . . . stated to be 1907.

I need to take a bit of time going through his offerings. Thanks for the links!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Midvale, Utah

Re: C&IM fans are gonna like this 1948-1959
From: Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:45:06 PDT
Hi List Members,

I forgot to mention, I especially like the pole load on the flat car in the background along with "C&IM 6149 twin offset side hopper". One of the poles looks to have dangerously shifted while en route.

Claus Schlund

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Brian,

Nice find!

Claus Schlund

From: Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:45:06 PDT
Hi List Members,

I forgot to mention, I especially like the pole load on the flat car in the background along with "C&IM 6149 twin offset side hopper". One of the poles looks to have dangerously shifted while en route.

Claus Schlund

rwilson1056

When did the side sill reinforcement begin to be added to the Mathers

Roger Wilson

Brian Termunde

Well Sir it's Thanks to you! : ) I do appreciate all that you share with us, here and elsewhere.

From: Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 18:23:13 PDT

Hi Brian,

Nice find!

Claus Schlund

Thomas Klosterman

For the wood ss boxcars, where is the step for the brakeman using the vertical brake wheel? Seems unsafe.

Tony Thompson

For the wood ss boxcars, where is the step for the brakeman using the vertical brake wheel? Seems unsafe.

On many cars with no brake step, the wheel had a taller shaft and the brakeman stood on the roof. You are right that operating it from the ladder is pretty unsafe.

Tony Thompson

Dennis Storzek

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 09:10 AM, Tony Thompson wrote:
On many cars with no brake step, the wheel had a taller shaft and the brakeman stood on the roof. You are right that operating it from the ladder is pretty unsafe.
Or not. Safe or not, there was never a requirement to have a brake step, just recommended practice, I believe. The Soo Line had thousands of boxcars where the brakeman would have had to be a midget to operate the brake wheel from the roof, and the last of them were still in service, unmodified, through the sixties.

Dennis Storzek

Tim O'Connor

I also note the Klasing brake wheel. I wish Kadee had a reason to do those. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 4/18/2021 4:44 PM, Claus Schlund wrote:
Hi List Members,

I forgot to mention, I especially like the pole load on the flat car in the background along with "C&IM 6149 twin offset side hopper". One of the poles looks to have dangerously shifted while en route.

Claus Schlund

Sterling, Massachusetts

Nelson Moyer

Resin Car Works offers 3D printed Klasing brake wheels. Check out their web site.

Nelson Moyer