Canada, rail yards at fruit distributor in North Bay 1934

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

"Canada, rail yards at fruit distributor in North Bay" in 1934

We see four freight cars, none of them have reporting marks that I can reliably discern, but I do see from left to right...

A Dominion type ss boxcar
A CN 40ft ss boxcar
An unidentified tank car with high walkway
A boxcar (possibly steel, road name might be CP)

Note that the first three cars are likely each serving a different rail-served customer, yet they are all three situated on the same stretch of track. This means that spotting or pulling a car may require temporarily shuffling the rest of them. This is a definite space-saver on a model railroad, wouldn't you agree?

More info at the link below...

Claus Schlund

John Riddell

The boxcar hidden in the back is a CPR steel minibox.

The cars are on tracks of the Temiskaming & Northern Ontario Railway (T&NO). Which was/is based in North Bay, Ontario.

The building with the ornate roof, built in 1908, is the general offices of the Temiskaming & Northern Ontario Railway   T&NO was renamed Ontario Northland Railway in April 1946 after 45 years of confusion with the Texas & New Orleans..

John Riddell

Sent from Mail for Windows 10