Canadian National Refrigerator Car 209120 (1937)

Bob Chaparro

Canadian National Refrigerator Car 209120 (1937)

Photo from the Government of Canada:

https://recherche-collection-search.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/home/record?app=FonAndCol&IdNumber=3520058

Click and scroll on the photo to enlarge.

Canadian National Railways Refrigerator car #209120 with Divided Basket Bunker - Ventilator, built in May, 1937.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bruce Hendrick

Thanks for posting an interesting car.

What is a "Divided Basket Bunker"? Would that impact the roof details? Thanks.

Bruce Hendrick
Brea, California

On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:35:29 AM PDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Canadian National Refrigerator Car 209120 (1937)

Photo from the Government of Canada:

https://recherche-collection-search.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/home/record?app=FonAndCol&IdNumber=3520058

Click and scroll on the photo to enlarge.

Canadian National Railways Refrigerator car #209120 with Divided Basket Bunker - Ventilator, built in May, 1937.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Douglas Harding

I believe a divided basket means the bunker can be fully filled or half filled, my folding down a “shelf” in the bunker.

Doug Harding

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.harding.3156/

What is a "Divided Basket Bunker"? Would that impact the roof details? Thanks.

Bruce Hendrick

Brea, California

On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:35:29 AM PDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Canadian National Refrigerator Car 209120 (1937)

Photo from the Government of Canada:

https://recherche-collection-search.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/home/record?app=FonAndCol&IdNumber=3520058

Click and scroll on the photo to enlarge.

Canadian National Railways Refrigerator car #209120 with Divided Basket Bunker - Ventilator, built in May, 1937.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

ROGER HINMAN

Divided basket bunkers were basically two separate bunkers in the space of the normal bunker which allowed more evaporation surface for the melting ice and hence faster
 cooling;

Ones I have seen did not impact the roof details, but that’s not a definitive answer.

Roger Hinman

On Jun 30, 2022, at 4:10 PM, Douglas Harding <iowacentralrr@...> wrote:

I believe a divided basket means the bunker can be fully filled or half filled, my folding down a “shelf” in the bunker.

Doug Harding
What is a "Divided Basket Bunker"? Would that impact the roof details? Thanks.

Bruce Hendrick
Brea, California

On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:35:29 AM PDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Canadian National Refrigerator Car 209120 (1937)
Photo from the Government of Canada:
Click and scroll on the photo to enlarge.
Canadian National Railways Refrigerator car #209120 with Divided Basket Bunker - Ventilator, built in May, 1937.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

John Riddell

Norwest Models (Brian Pate) offered resin kit #108  for these CN reefers.

John Riddell

Sent from Mail for Windows