Case Threshing Machine Co. Flat Car 503

Richard Wilkens

Here is a car I have not seen before, Case Threshing Machine Co. flat car No. 503. This photo was taken around April 1924 after Pacific Car & Foundry had built 3' gauge box car No. 1202 for the Pacific Coast Railway in California. Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive Collection.

Richard Wilkens

Bob Chaparro

As to the boxcar, one from this series is on display at the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum in California:

https://www.slorrm.com/QR-1200PCRy.html
Advisory...A Plug.
If you are in the neighborhood, check out this and other cars on the property, especially during the Central Coast Railroad Festival on October 7-9:

https://ccrrf.com/schedule-2022.html
For the tenth year I will be organizing a free, self-guided tour of model railroad in San Luis Obispo and northern Santa Barbara Counties. We had 29 railroads on last year's tour.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA