CGW reefer

Douglas Harding

Looking for information about CGW reefers, circa 1900-1910. Apparently there is an old CGW reefer body in Oelwein. If I recall it was purchased by an Italian immigrant in 1907 and made into a home. Then was later rented out to others. Now some folks are looking to preserve/restore the body. All that is know is that it was CGW reefer.

Does anyone have any information and/or photos of CGW reefers from that era?

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Eric Hansmann

Doug,

I just checked the files in my archive. I don’t have anything on CGW reefers.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

Looking for information about CGW reefers, circa 1900-1910. Apparently there is an old CGW reefer body in Oelwein. If I recall it was purchased by an Italian immigrant in 1907 and made into a home. Then was later rented out to others. Now some folks are looking to preserve/restore the body. All that is know is that it was CGW reefer.

Does anyone have any information and/or photos of CGW reefers from that era?

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

wahsatch

Doug,

Ck'd my 12/28 ORER - were 20 pass reffers in 4 #groups & 423 frt reefers in 9 groups. I can give you dims, ext, int, wts. The frt are 30T while the pass are 30T, 40T, & 50T. While later than 07, might show which group came from. In my 38 ORER, almost non-existent - 6!

-=- Bob Colquitt

Looking for information about CGW reefers, circa 1900-1910. Apparently there is an old CGW reefer body in Oelwein. If I recall it was purchased by an Italian immigrant in 1907 and made into a home. Then was later rented out to others. Now some folks are looking to preserve/restore the body. All that is know is that it was CGW reefer.

Does anyone have any information and/or photos of CGW reefers from that era?

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

ROGER HINMAN

ACF built 200 reefers for CGW in 1910, ACL Lot 5828; there’s a photo of a car on the Westerfield ACF CD

Roger Hinman

On Jun 12, 2021, at 11:21 AM, wahsatch <wahsatch@...> wrote:

Doug,

Ck'd my 12/28 ORER - were 20 pass reffers in 4 #groups & 423 frt reefers in 9 groups. I can give you dims, ext, int, wts. The frt are 30T while the pass are 30T, 40T, & 50T. While later than 07, might show which group came from. In my 38 ORER, almost non-existent - 6!

-=- Bob Colquitt

Looking for information about CGW reefers, circa 1900-1910. Apparently there is an old CGW reefer body in Oelwein. If I recall it was purchased by an Italian immigrant in 1907 and made into a home. Then was later rented out to others. Now some folks are looking to preserve/restore the body. All that is know is that it was CGW reefer.

Does anyone have any information and/or photos of CGW reefers from that era?

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

The only three CGW reefer photos I have.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

Douglas Harding

Thanks to everyone who has offered information on CGW reefers. Greatly appreciated.