Topics

Chalk markings

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Went hunting for the "Berol Prismacolor" white pencils today. At my
local "Aaron Brothers" store I found "Sanford Prismacolor" pencils. Some of
their 'magic markers' had either one name or the other on them leading me to
think one bought out the other!
The store people, as usual, knew nothing so called corporate offices.
They told me "Berol" and "Sanford" are the same company and the pencils are
the same. My question to Richard and the list at large, is this a true
statement?

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
Digitrax DCC owner, Chief system
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Richard Hendrickson

Went hunting for the "Berol Prismacolor" white pencils today. At my
local "Aaron Brothers" store I found "Sanford Prismacolor" pencils. Some of
their 'magic markers' had either one name or the other on them leading me to
think one bought out the other!
The store people, as usual, knew nothing so called corporate offices.
They told me "Berol" and "Sanford" are the same company and the pencils are
the same. My question to Richard and the list at large, is this a true
statement?
True as far as I know, Jon. I haven't bought one in a couple of years; the
one I'm currently using is a Berol Prismacolor French (very light) Gray.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520