Topics

chlorine cannister flats

Tony Thompson

Ron Merrick wrote:

I'd say it was certainly possible that the cars could have moved empty sometimes, but more than likely a loaded car went to a customer with full containers and returned with empty containers from the last shipment.

  This is my understanding too. Cars always carried containers, loaded or empty. I would think an empty one would be out of service.

Tony Thompson

Allan Smith

The article is in Model Railroader November 1953 Page 66-70. Building an HO Chlorine Car by Eric Stevens.

Al Smith
Sonra CA