Topics

Cocoa Beach. Kits and loads.

Brian Carlson

Just got home from cocoa it was great catching up with old friends and making new ones.

There were some great models in the room and I am always interested in flat carloads. Eric Thur had some nice ones based on Bethlehem Steel loads that were 3-D printed. He provided the information to the designer and they are available on eBay And Shapeways. I ordered some during the show and they were delivered today before I got back from Cocoa.

I also like to visit hobby shops on the way to see what dusty kits may be lurking on shelves. I stopped at New Brookland Railroad & Hobby, 405 State St, West Columbia, SC 29169 and they had a nice selection of old and new stuff. If anyone is looking for kits they have a decent selection of Branchline and Proto 2000 lists mostly SE prototypes for those interested. He also had a bunch of Stewart loads. I picked up a Rapido meat reefer

Stewart Hobbies in willoughby Ohio has about 100 SF of branchline kits including 1/2 dozen NYC passenger cars.

Neither shop had them at fire sale prices.

Well, I have 6 loads to build. Maybe I’ll finish them by next year. I’m not as fast as Clark. Lol.
Brian J. Carlson

Great report, Brian. Could you share a link to the 3D printed loads you ordered? Sounds interesting. Thx.
--
Ben Sullivan
Brookeville, MD

Brian Carlson

Ben I meant to put the vendor in. It is “multiscale digital” and he is on both eBay and Shapeways. I’m not associated with him. Just a happy client. Also here are a few of Eric’s loads.

Brian J. Carlson