CP Minibox

Allan Smith

I have conductors lists for the Sierra RR that show a CP miniboxcar Car # 242580. I am ready to build an F&C model of this car. Going thru all the articles and Photos I can find I notice that this series 242500-242999 originally had a vertical brake staff  Photos of 242550 show this feature. My question is Did theses cars receive a horizontal brake wheel when the cars were converted to AB brakes? Or was the original vertical brake staff retained..

Al Smith
Sonora CA

Gavin

You can also get a TLT version if you can track them down, but by my research and my models it looks like it was removed. image.png
As for what it was doing in the states? Finished lumber is the most likely answer, and it would go back up north with merchandise freight.

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 9:27 PM Allan Smith <smithal9@...> wrote:
I have conductors lists for the Sierra RR that show a CP miniboxcar Car # 242580. I am ready to build an F&C model of this car. Going thru all the articles and Photos I can find I notice that this series 242500-242999 originally had a vertical brake staff  Photos of 242550 show this feature. My question is Did theses cars receive a horizontal brake wheel when the cars were converted to AB brakes? Or was the original vertical brake staff retained..

Al Smith
Sonora CA

Mark Rossiter

Al, my True Line Trains version of this car has AB brakes with an Ajax brake wheel.  It has ‘VAN 1947’ markings.  I will leave it to others to determine if this is accurate or not.

Mark Rossiter

Scott

Allan, in case you were not aware Black Cat makes great decals for these cars.

Scott McDonald

Randy Hammill

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 11:55 AM, Mark Rossiter wrote:

Al, my True Line Trains version of this car has AB brakes with an Ajax brake wheel.  It has ‘VAN 1947’ markings.  I will leave it to others to determine if this is accurate or not.

Mark Rossiter

 Would the photo we used to produce the TLT model be sufficient?

Incidentally, I found a photo of the lumber door in Dave Peters' collection after we produced the tooling:

Randy
--

Randy Hammill
Prototype Junction

Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954
http://newbritainstation.com

Gavin

Question, are you one of the guys behind TLT?

On Sat, May 8, 2021, 11:31 AM Randy Hammill <nhrr@...> wrote:
On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 11:55 AM, Mark Rossiter wrote:

Al, my True Line Trains version of this car has AB brakes with an Ajax brake wheel.  It has ‘VAN 1947’ markings.  I will leave it to others to determine if this is accurate or not.

Mark Rossiter

 Would the photo we used to produce the TLT model be sufficient?

Incidentally, I found a photo of the lumber door in Dave Peters' collection after we produced the tooling:

Randy
--

Randy Hammill
Prototype Junction
http://prototypejunction.com

Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954
http://newbritainstation.com

Allan Smith

CP 242580 Minibox
 The car arrived on the Sierra RR from the SP Stockton-Oakdale branch on 10-14-52 with a load of fertilizer. The car was returned to the SP at Oakdale on 10-17-52 empty.

Al Smith
Sonora CA

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 02:32 PM, Gavin wrote:
Question, are you one of the guys behind TLT?

Yes. It was Darren’s company, and I am/was “the other guy.”

Randy

--

Randy Hammill
Prototype Junction
http://prototypejunction.com

Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954
http://newbritainstation.com

Gavin

Oh that is awesome, I'm so grateful for what you guys did for Canadian modeling. I model PGE/BC Rail and as such you guys are a blessing.

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 10:41 PM Randy Hammill <nhrr@...> wrote:
On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 02:32 PM, Gavin wrote:
Question, are you one of the guys behind TLT?

Yes. It was Darren’s company, and I am/was “the other guy.”

Randy

--

Randy Hammill
Prototype Junction
http://prototypejunction.com

Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954
http://newbritainstation.com

James Brewer

What happened to the tooling?  Any chance these cars will be made available  again?

Jim Brewer