D&H P-S Box Car Decals

Scott H. Haycock

Folks,

Can anyone provide a source for decals for D&H 40' PS-1 boxcars, series 20000-20249, Built in 1956? There is a photo here:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh20150bs.jpg

There is also a photo on page 48 (center) of the D&H Color Guide.

Microscale has a set, but it lacks the round herald.

Thanks,
Scott Haycock

O Fenton Wells

I believe K4 has the decals you need.  Google K4 and look up D&H
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Scott H. Haycock

Thanks, Fenton

I ordered a set. The herald isn't correct, But I also ordered one of their hopper sets which looks to have the right one.

Scott Haycock
ent

On 09/14/2021 3:42 PM O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

I believe K4 has the decals you need.  Google K4 and look up D&H
Fenton

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 5:21 PM Scott H. Haycock < shhaycock@...> wrote:
Folks,

Can anyone provide a source for decals for D&H 40' PS-1 boxcars, series 20000-20249, Built in 1956? There is a photo here:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh20150bs.jpg

There is also a photo on page 48 (center) of the D&H Color Guide.

Microscale has a set, but it lacks the round herald.

Thanks,
Scott Haycock

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Tim O'Connor

CDS set #594 is for the 1952 D&H PS-1's.

Tim O'Connor

On 9/14/2021 5:21 PM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:
Folks,

Can anyone provide a source for decals for D&H 40' PS-1 boxcars, series 20000-20249, Built in 1956? There is a photo here:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh20150bs.jpg

There is also a photo on page 48 (center) of the D&H Color Guide.

Microscale has a set, but it lacks the round herald.

Thanks,
Scott Haycock

Sterling, Massachusetts

hubert mask

Wow who ever offers them I hope they have a better photo to do so.

Hubert Mask

On 9/14/2021 7:18 PM, hubert mask wrote:
Wow who ever offers them I hope they have a better photo to do so.

Hubert Mask

On Sep 14, 2021, at 7:15 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

CDS set #594 is for the 1952 D&H PS-1's.

Tim O'Connor

On 9/14/2021 5:21 PM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:
Folks,

Can anyone provide a source for decals for D&H 40' PS-1 boxcars, series 20000-20249, Built in 1956? There is a photo here:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh20150bs.jpg

There is also a photo on page 48 (center) of the D&H Color Guide.

Microscale has a set, but it lacks the round herald.

Thanks,
Scott Haycock

Sterling, Massachusetts

Sterling, Massachusetts

O Fenton Wells

Scott they are good to work with just send them a message.  I really like their product.
Fenton

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 6:24 PM Scott H. Haycock <shhaycock@...> wrote:
[...]

Fenton,

I'm just doing one car, so I think I can get by with the two sets I bought. I'm sure I can find hopper to do with some of the rest.

Scott Haycock
ent

On 09/14/2021 5:39 PM O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

[...]

Great photo Tony!

Scott Haycock
ent

On 09/14/2021 5:36 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

On 9/14/2021 7:18 PM, hubert mask wrote:
Wow who ever offers them I hope they have a better photo to do so.

Hubert Mask

On Sep 14, 2021, at 7:15 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

CDS set #594 is for the 1952 D&H PS-1's.

Tim O'Connor

On 9/14/2021 5:21 PM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:
Folks,

Can anyone provide a source for decals for D&H 40' PS-1 boxcars, series 20000-20249, Built in 1956? There is a photo here:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh20150bs.jpg

There is also a photo on page 48 (center) of the D&H Color Guide.

Microscale has a set, but it lacks the round herald.

Thanks,
Scott Haycock

Sterling, Massachusetts

Sterling, Massachusetts

O Fenton Wells

Understand but remember they will work with you  in the future.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 7:48 PM Scott H. Haycock <shhaycock@...> wrote:
[...]

mopacfirst

Not about the decals, but it looks like they learned from Pennsy about the layout of weight and dimensional data.  Just got done with three PRR cars, X26C, X29B and X29D, used Microscale decals.  Not one of the easiest decal jobs I ever did, especially the X29D where the Microscale set, 1201 I think, actually had separate dimensional data decal blocks for all ten or so of the listed dimensions.

Ron Merrick

Mike Clements

Late to the game on this, but Highball has a set that should work as well.

Freight Car HO Scale: Delaware & Hudson Round "Bridge Line" Herald 40' Boxcars HO Scale (highballgraphics.com)

--
Mike Clements
Wakefield, MA

O Fenton Wells

Didn't know they were still in business, good to know, Thanks for the heads up Mike
Fenton