Topics

D&LW 55161 riveted 12-panel box car

Andy Carlson

From the Gerstley collection of mostly 1958 photos. A 8' wide door 12-panel riveted box car. Taken in LA's Taylor Yard of the SP. These 12-panel 40' box cars came with Superior or Youngstown doors.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA
Inline image

Bud Rindfleisch

Andy,
     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.
       Bud Rindfleisch

Andy Carlson

No, actually this is a 10'0" IH car. which is why Steve Hoxie's model has to cover the door opening discrepancies with the door partially ajar. The Intermountain 12-panel is a 6' wide door design.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 12:01:38 PM PDT, Bud Rindfleisch <blackdiamondrr@...> wrote:

Andy,
     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.
       Bud Rindfleisch

Brian Carlson

Yes.  You need to sit in on my clinic. :)

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 30, 2020, at 3:01 PM, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:

Andy,
     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.
       Bud Rindfleisch

Bud Rindfleisch

Andy,
    After I sent my message I remembered I have the Morning Sun Erie/DL&W color book with quite a few views of boxcars, I could have looked it up in there, duh!
    Bud Rindfleisch

Bud Rindfleisch

Brian,
     What clinic? Cocoa Beach? I've never been.
        Bud Rindfleisch

Brian Carlson

I’ve done it there, Pittsburgh and online.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 30, 2020, at 4:15 PM, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:

Brian,
     What clinic? Cocoa Beach? I've never been.
        Bud Rindfleisch

Schuyler Larrabee

October ’67 ORER says so, yes

Schuyler

     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.

       Bud Rindfleisch

Mont Switzer

Good clinic and always worth seeing more than once.  Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.

Fall Creek Leasing, LLC.