Topics

Details On The Road

Dennis Storzek

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 07:16 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
In most instances the width if the handle it dictated by the molded on anchors (just the handle is carved off in the cast doors).  I'm sure that someone has an accurate dimension that you  could use..
Here was the ARA recommendation from 1922:

Dennis Storzek

Tim O'Connor

Folks

Just FYI (a reminder) - Detail Associates included injected molded door handles in its #6213 set
of tack boards and door details. They are probably not as fine as the handmade wire handles but
they do have some fine detail that can only be appreciated under a microscope. :-)

Tim O'

On 4/27/2019 11:12 AM, Dennis Storzek wrote:
On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 07:16 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
In most instances the width if the handle it dictated by the molded on anchors (just the handle is carved off in the cast doors).  I'm sure that someone has an accurate dimension that you  could use..
Here was the ARA recommendation from 1922:

Dennis Storzek

Attachments:

_._,_._,_

Sterling, Massachusetts

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the drawings.  Looks like my guestimates were pretty close.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 07:16 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
In most instances the width if the handle it dictated by the molded on anchors (just the handle is carved off in the cast doors).  I'm sure that someone has an accurate dimension that you  could use..
Here was the ARA recommendation from 1922:

Dennis Storzek

WILLIAM PARDIE

:

For anyone interested above is an example of the filked down door handles.  Obviously the top handle needs a little more refinement.

Bill Pardie

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.

Wonderful detail.

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.