Topics

Diagonal Panel Roof

Bob Chapman

I'm in need of a HO scale 40' diagonal panel roof for a boxcar project. At one time, Red Caboose offered these as an aftermarket part (#8700-04), but InterMountain's website no longer lists it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Chapman

Brian Carlson

Branchline/atlas also offered this roof.

Brian J. Carlson

On Nov 17, 2019, at 8:42 PM, Bob Chapman <chapbob611@...> wrote:

I'm in need of a HO scale 40' diagonal panel roof for a boxcar project. At one time, Red Caboose offered these as an aftermarket part (#8700-04), but InterMountain's website no longer lists it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Chapman

rdgbuff56

Bob,
      Go to Atlas website and search under BL1.  They list this roof at 2.98 and have other parts.

Francis A.  Pehowic,  Jr.

On Monday, November 18, 2019, 1:42:15 AM UTC, Bob Chapman <chapbob611@...> wrote:

I'm in need of a HO scale 40' diagonal panel roof for a boxcar project. At one time, Red Caboose offered these as an aftermarket part (#8700-04), but InterMountain's website no longer lists it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Chapman

Benjamin Hom

Bob Chapman asked:
"I'm in need of a HO scale 40' diagonal panel roof for a boxcar project. At one time, Red Caboose offered these as an aftermarket part (#8700-04), but InterMountain's website no longer lists it. Any suggestions?"

Alternatively, check your stash for Branchline postwar AAR boxcar undec kits.  They included all of the end, roof, and door options.

Ben Hom

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Bob,

The old Front Range cars all had separate diagonal panel roofs. I've dropped Des Plaines, Red Caboose and Intermountain PS-1 roofs onto the FR bodies for a near perfect (after replacing the ends), so the FR roofs are about the same dimensions.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 8:42 PM Bob Chapman <chapbob611@...> wrote:
I'm in need of a HO scale 40' diagonal panel roof for a boxcar project. At one time, Red Caboose offered these as an aftermarket part (#8700-04), but InterMountain's website no longer lists it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Chapman

O Fenton Wells

Bob, I may have one and I should be home late this afternoon and can look
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Allan Smith

I have what you are looking for.  Contact me off list
Al Smith
Sonora Ca