Topics

Don Valentine

Paul Doggett

Your account has been hacked I have have two emails asking for a favour from Don Valentine

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Bruce Smith

Paul, Folks

Don's account is almost certain not hacked, but "spoofed". That is where someone pretends to be you. They do not need access to your account. The mail, incoming to the server from the spoofer, appears to be coming from Don. Thus the server says "Aha! An email from a member! I can send that one on." and so it does. Don's account is probably completely safe, although a change of passwords would be in order. This view is reinforced by a spate of this happening on our lists... probably because someone was dumb enough to reply. About the only way to really combat this is to put a list on moderated status for a while.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

Paul Doggett

Bruce

Thank you I obviously didn’t answer the email.
Paul