From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve and Barb Hile
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 6:11 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Door opening size on an LV 8500 series Autombile box

Bud,

I still not convinced that the left hand door isn’t the same width as the main/right hand door.  Nevertheless, the doors are somewhat wider than the clear opening in order to completely cover the opening.

And something that I hadn’t known before is shown in this figure from the 1940 CBC

What surprised me was the center beam that moves with the left hand door and, essentially restricts the clear opening by about 6”.

To answer your overall question, I doubt that anyone would flinch is you used two 8 foot doors to cover the opening.

Steve Hile