Topics

double sheathed boxcar with a herald

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

In the image linked below, I can see a partial view of a double sheathed boxcar with a herald. Reading it as well as I can, it seems to be proclaiming

CH&D&PM
SYSTEM
GREAT CENTRAL ROUTE

Image is dated 1907. Can anyone tell me what railroad this was?

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Benjamin Hom

Claus Schlund asked:
"In the image linked below, I can see a partial view of a double sheathed boxcar with a herald. Reading it as well as I can, it seems to be proclaiming

CH&D&PM
SYSTEM
GREAT CENTRAL ROUTE

Image is dated 1907. Can anyone tell me what railroad this was?"
https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A715.07554.CP/viewer

CH&D = Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton.  PM = Pere Marquette, which the CH&D controlled 1904-1912.  The CH&D was eventually acquired by the B&O in 1917.

Ben Hom

San Antonio & San Francisco

I believe this is the car you are looking for.

Levi