Topics

Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range boxcar 3332

Lester Breuer

I have finished Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range single-sheathed Box Car 3332.  It is an Accurail  kit, number 4406.  I have included a photo of the car prior to final paint and weathering with molded ladders removed and drop grab iron ladders and other DMIR details added. If you are interested, photos and writeup of the build including paint match are now on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Paul Doggett

Lester

That’s looking really neat.

Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 29 Sep 2019, at 23:00, Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:

I have finished Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range single-sheathed Box Car 3332.  It is an Accurail  kit, number 4406.  I have included a photo of the car prior to final paint and weathering with molded ladders removed and drop grab iron ladders and other DMIR details added. If you are interested, photos and writeup of the build including paint match are now on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Attachments:

O Fenton Wells

Well done Lester, with a little work an Accurail car can become a gem.  Here's a photo I took of the car in 1988 wehn Duluth was part of my territory, Enjoy
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Jim Betz

Fenton,

  Not just a good pic for details but also a good pic for weathering effects
on board sided freight cars.  Even though the boards may have all been
applied at the same time (some would be replacements) they don't
weather at the same rate/in the same way.  I've done several flat car
decks with similar amounts of variation from board to board and they
look great.  I achieve that look by using different shades of several
colors and hand painting each board/area - always being careful to
-not- use only one shade on any one board.
                                                                     - Jim B. in Burlington, Wa.

O Fenton Wells

Glad to help.  I have more of the cars in the museum but not sure where they are .
Fenton